In this Statement, "we" refers to Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited 香港數碼港管理有限公司. In complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong ("Ordinance"), we strive to safeguard your data privacy. This Statement sets out matters relating to the collection and use of your personal data.Collection of Your Data
A. From time to time, it is necessary for us to collect your personal data for providing you with updates, services, products or facilities or carrying out activities described in the "Purpose and Use of Your Data" section below. It is not obligatory to supply the requested personal data but if you fail to supply the requested data or any part thereof, we may not be able to provide you with the updates, services, products, facilities or activities.Purpose and Use of Your Data
B. We may also generate and compile information about you. Personal data provided by you and all information generated and compiled by us about you from time to time is collectively referred to as "Your Data".
C. We may use Your Data for one or more of the following purposes from time to time:
Transfer of Your Data
- providing updates, services, products, facilities or activities (including our website) and matters relating to administration, management, operation and maintenance (including processing applications or requests for services, products, facilities or activities);
- communicating with you (including responding to your enquiries or requests for information);
- designing and offering contests, games, lucky draws, promotions, surveys or events;
- marketing services, products, facilities, activities or other subjects (please see further details in "Use of Your Data in Direct Marketing" section below and you may opt out from receiving marketing information);
- offering, managing and operating any membership, loyalty or reward programmes;
- administering and maintaining our website and diagnosing problems where necessary;
- designing, reviewing, evaluating and enhancing our services, products, facilities or activities (including conducting research, survey and analysis for those purposes);
- investigating and handling complaints, claims or incidents involving us or any of our customers, visitors or website users;
- preventing, detecting or investigating suspicious or illegal activities;
- making disclosure when required by any law, court order, direction, code or guideline applicable in or outside Hong Kong; and
- purposes relating to any of the above.
D. Your Data will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the following circumstances:
- If we use third party suppliers or service providers who provide administrative, insurance, telecommunications, information technology, computer, data processing, content delivery, marketing support or other services to support our business operation or facilitate provision of our services, products, facilities or activities, we may provide Your Data to these suppliers or service providers.
- We may disclose Your Data to any governmental or law enforcement agency, judicial body or regulatory authority to whom we are required to make disclosure according to any law, regulation, court order, direction, code or guideline.
- In addition, Your Data may be accessed by, disclosed or transferred to any person under a duty of confidentiality to us (including our accountants, auditors, legal advisers or other professional advisers) [and any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies or affiliated companies] for the purposes described in the "Purpose and Use of Your Data" section above.
E. As the parties mentioned above may be located outside Hong Kong, Your Data may be transferred out of Hong Kong.Use of Your Data in Direct Marketing
F. We are allowed to use Your Data in direct marketing only if you consent or do not object. In connection with direct marketing, we intend:
- to use your name and contact details, profiling information, services and products portfolio information, and transaction pattern and behaviour collected, compiled, generated or held by us from time to time; and
- to market and promote the services, products, facilities, activities, contests, conferences, lucky draws, events and promotional campaigns from time to time available relating to us or "Cyberport" or the partners of "Cyberport", or shops or merchants or hotel in the "Cyberport" or offered or hosted at "Cyberport" (including consumer goods, food and beverages, books and stationery, children goods and services, fashion and accessories, optical products, watches, jewellery, luxurious goods, personal care, health and beauty products and services, furniture and lifestyle goods, home furnishing and appliances, florists, sports gear and products, electronic products and appliances, banking and financial services, cinemas and theatres, cultural, entertainment facilities and activities, charity activities, leisure activities and performances, gift redemptions and car parking facilities)
For the purposes of this Paragraph F, "Cyberport" means the community or development located at Telegraph Bay, Pokfulam including its offices, centres and arcade.
G. If you agree to our use of Your Data in direct marketing, please tick (√) the box in the corresponding reply slip or data collection form to exercise your opt-in right. A sample of such is as follows:Reply Slip / Data Collection Form
I have read the Personal Information Collection Statement of Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited ("HKCMCL") 香港數碼港管理有限公司, including the information about the use of my personal data in direct marketing, and I understand its contents. By ticking the box below, I signify my consent for HKCMCL to use my personal data (primarily my name and contact details) in direct marketing services, products, facilities, activities and other subjects to me (primarily services, products, facilities, activities, events and subjects offered in relation to HKCMCL or Cyberport or partners of Cyberport or shops or merchants in Cyberport or offered or hosted at Cyberport) as more particularly set out in the Personal Information Collection Statement.
□ I agree to receive direct marketing information.
Name of individual:
You have the right to request access to, and correction of, Your Data held by us. We may charge a reasonable fee for administering and processing your data access request. If you need to check whether we hold Your Data or if you wish to have access to, correct any of Your Data which is inaccurate, please write via e-mail to our Data Protection Officer at[email@example.com] or via mail to [Units 1102-04, Level 11, Cyberport 2, 100 Cyberport Road, Hong Kong].
This Statement is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.